Thursday, September 4, 2008

Salad Days

Today was my first day of school and it was actually awesome. I woke up around 8 a.m. and kinda puttered around the house, getting ready very slowly and enjoying my extra time (obviously, I mean, I even blogged haha). I hopped in the car and decided that I needed some music to pump me up, this consisted of the following songs "I Fought the Law," "God Save the Queen," "Anarchy in the UK," and "When I Come Around." I listen to a lot of upbeat catchy songs before I go into school always just so that I'm in a good mood. Also, walking into school with a mohawk it's easy to get intimidated by all the staring, so if I listen to this kinda stuff I can get into the right attitude to deal with that. (Obviously, I don't mind staring, but it's hard to face it from 100s of people in the same room).

Anyway, I pulled into the parking lot around 9:30 and got into a spot easily. There were like 10 senior boys standing next to my spot smoking and as I pulled in they all stared at me and gave me dirty looks. I saw a few people as I walked in, and we all greeted each other with strained smiles and poor attempts at conversation. I waited outside my homeroom, which was locked and empty, for 25 minutes with this gay guy Stephen who is really nice. We chatted there for a while, which made me relax a little bit. I saw Anthony and hugged him immediately, then I noticed he had poison ivy on his arm. We're hanging out tomorrow, which we both agree will be the highlight of our week. My homeroom is good because it has four of my friends sitting right next to me, so that's really nice. We were all hanging out and joking around. Nina has bronchitis, so she sounds like an old Jewish grandmother. It's because she's been smoking waaay too much this summer. Maya is sitting there, being her creepy-lesbin-fake-junky-self. She's asking Nina if she got any codeine or anything. And I turn to her and say Maya, "Are you trying to get Nina's pills? Nina, Maya is trying to get all up in your pills." Maya says, "No... my mom had bronchitis and she got codeine... but codeine is really good." I say, "Codeine is a waste of time." Now, I could have said, "At least go find a better opiate," but I figured that would be pretty bad. Our homeroom teachers were standing about 10 feet away, but that never seems to faze us. I'm a bit worried that my friends are going to end up getting all of us drug tested some day; they don't know when to shut up... ever. We went to this assembly, which was the usual blah blah blah. I saw this guy with straight blonde hair that reaches his waist.

We went to lunch and I met up with Anthony near the art rooms. We walked down to the radio station and see Mr. Woodruff. I'm so excited because he told us he and his wife are having a baby. I think that's awesome. Mr. Woodruff will make a great dad, in some ways, he's adopted all of us in the studio. I think of him as my "punk-guru." He grew up in NYC and was a part of the scene in the 80s. He's my favorite teacher, he has even loaned me records and burned me CDs. Lunch flew by and I barley got a bite to eat.

I walked up to environmental which was okay. Basically the first two columns of desks are awesome, it's basically me and 3 of my friends. That class should be okay, I remember her from when I was a kid at this camp my school district runs. It was weird in that sense, she said that she recognized my name. I then went on to Latin (my favorite class!). I saw my favorite teacher, who we lovingly refer to as Gut. He had a notecard on each desk with or Latin name on it. My Latin name is Mystika (it means mystical), he made the "a" in the anarchy symbol (which made me smile). I love Latin more and more each year. Then I went to gym and hung out with Felipe, Jacob, and Zach (the new kid with the long hair). Zach is from Virginia and he moved to a place pretty close to my house, so I gave him a ride home so that the wouldn't have to walk. He's actually really cool, so I'm hoping that I can integrate him into my friends. Finally I went to AP European History, but I got there when everyone was already seated. I don't think the teacher likes me very much. She kept staring at me when she would ask questions as if she expected me to answer. When she was talking about people from regular level U.S. History switching out she was staring at me. I wanted to say to her, "Look, I've been in AP U.S. History for two years. Stop judging me because I have a mohawk and you obviously think I'm a slacker. You don't know me, so leave me alone." I know that that seems like a lot to draw from staring, but it was very very apparent.

After school, I walked to the parking lot with Zach. Lauren was sitting in her car, so I walked over and introduced her to Zach. I was going to point out that where she's parked smells like weed... I then realized that it was probably her car. Haha, so I decided to not say anything. I drove Zach home, which was kinda fun. He's a really cool kid, so I'm glad that I met him. I felt bad when I saw him in gym, he was sitting all alone and just looked out of place. Anyway, I got home and chatted with a few friends on the phone. Now, I'm pleasantly high and ready to enjoy the rest of the day. I also wrote a lovely song called "Teenage Cliche," haha, classic - punk 3 chord.

Overall, I've enjoyed today and am just glad to have gotten through it. All of my worrying was for nothing and I'm actually happy that this school year has started. = )

BTW, I made a mix and I don't know why, but I feel like posting the tracks... because I'm just that cool. = )
1. Mucky Pup - The Exploited
2. Bored of Television - The Methadones
3. Smoking Popes - Sexy
4. Mister Sister - The Tender Box
5. Shake Down Your Walls - Be My Doppelganger
6. 5 Years in a Time Capsule - The Challenged
7. 31 Year Old Daydream - Toys that Kill
8. Symbols, Slogans, Lies - The Observers
9. Tail Lights - Modern Machines
10. Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups
I think all of these songs are all quite classic, though some are way more well known than others.

3 comments:

Dying4Something2Live4 said...

I'm glad your first day went good! I so so wish I could go back to highschool. Wish in one hand, shit in another...yea I'm sure you know, lol. btw, i think your mohawk looks effin awesome! I know I dont look like it, but I was always that blonde girl "preppy" (not at all tho, guess i just look like it) girl who hung out with the punks. Yea I gotta lotta shit about that, but fuck em right?

Lucinda said...

Haha, thanks... High school isn't so bad, I think being a senior is probably the perk, but I will never want to go back to this. Thanks about the mohawk, haha, it's my pride and joy! = )
I have a preppy friend who hangs with me and my friends (I would call us the freaks), haha, I figure there should always be one. Dude, if someone gave shit to any of my friends for hanging together I would tell them to fuck off and then some. = )

Melody Lee said...

Glad it all turned out so well. It's 'Rock n' Roll highschool' for one more year, enjoy it girl, it flies by!