Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A 17 year old day dream

My nose feels like it's running. I remember standing in my mother's room talking to her, my left side facing her. I felt something sliding down my face, it was heavy. She walked into the bathroom after an enternity and I ran into my room. I looked at myself and saw a white streak running down from my nose to the top of my lip. Surprise was my only emotion. How could she not have noticed? I really believe that sometimes they would try and ignore my behavior.

I remember standing in the kitchen spinning the greatest lie of my life. She was standing at the stove cooking and I was walking around her. My fingers were turning something, turning it. Rotating it. Rotating it. During a pause I looked at what my two fingers had been absentmindedly spinning. A gray needle cap was in my fingers. I quickly stuffed it in my pocket.

How do other people not see the signs? If I saw that I would say something. I wonder what is going on in other people's minds. I hate pills sometimes. I've been taking hydrocodone for months and, although I shouldn't be complaining, I'm going to. You can't shoot them, you can't snort them, so you have to swallow them. There is nothing about swallowing things that I like. With a shot there is preparation, there is the needle, things which I enjoy. Snorting something even has preparation, and then the act. There is no climax to swallowing a pill, it goes down and then you wait. I sit at my computer and flip through Gledwood's blog, then Melody's blog, I move on to Michelle's blog, or Kelly's blog. I continue to flip through these things until it hits me and then I will sit and write. Although I enjoy how it feels I long for the preparation, that feeling that your actions really matter and are leading up to a goal. I want a goal.

I was digging through my kit (not really digging, I kinda took everything out and then put what I didn't want back). I decided to take a Flexeril, hoping that it would help me sleep tonight. I decided, as you sometimes do, to rail it (which I do any chance that I get). Horrible idea. I snorted a little of the powder and my thought was, "Oh, damn, now my eyes are watering." It's funny, but I didn't cry like I would have in the past, my only reaction was kind of a lackluster annoyance. I was annoyed because it was a waste of a perfectly good pill, but beyond that I didn't really care very much. At the moment the opiates in my system and the Flexeril have formed a tag-team and are making me almost close my eyes. It really has kicked in pretty well, which is a good thing. I was thinking about my kit, I can itemize it right now, even though tonight was the first time I've looked in it since spring. It contains: two needles, an alcohol pad, a few peices of cotton, a Bic lighter with almost no fluid, an old fashioned lighter which needs more fluid, a mirror, a dollar bill, an extra needle cap, and an empty bag of weed with a stem in it. The other day when I was in Lauren's car she pulled out her "kit." Her using the term was kinda weird to me, and I thought, "That's not a kit. Who did you learn that label from?" I know it sounds weird, but my first thought was, "I call it a kit because that's what every junky in reading/life has called it, but you don't read/know any of these people. What the fuck?" I guess I've pulled out my kit in front of her, in fact, I've probably called it my kit. I changed the bag it was in after she recognized it one day. I've been thinking a lot today. I wrote this giant post, which I'm going to post before this one. I'm going to label each section of that one, because it really is massive. Haha I had too much time to think to night.

2 comments:

Dying4Something2Live4 said...

I no what you mean when you wonder why nobody ever said anything to you, i mean, how could'nt they notice? My dad knew, straight up. I told him. And still, he never believed me. He only starting "noticing" 3 years ago. It's a lil late dad. Considering it's been six years. I also no what you mean when you were talking about your friend using the word "kit" I feel like if im a junkie, then so be it. Atleast i'm something. But why should somebody that's never experienced it before be aloud to use the same terms, or even "fake it." I know a few people that do this, and it annoys me to no end. Hope everthings great!

Lucinda said...

Yeah exactly on both points. She had her weed and her pipe and shit in this pencil case and that was her "kit." I was almost offended just because weed sucks and should never under any circumstances be compared to any opiates. I almost fee like she's degrading the term. That's dumb I guess, but it's exactly what I was thinking.

The funniest shit is when people who have used like codeine talk about it in front of me, which causes me vast amounts of joy just to give them hell. I remember lying on my friends floor almost going out, my eyes are completely shut (no one knew that I was high). This girl Maya is talking about snorting codeine and how she didn't eat for 3 days afterwards, at which point I open my eyes and begin to giggle. So it's dead silent and I'm sitting there on the floor just giggling, I wanted to say, "If you're going to get high, stop wasting your nasal passages and liver snorting those T3s." Very few people know my whole story, so I couldn't say anything, but I wanted to so badly. = )

I hope everything good with you too, you disappeared for a while and I was starting to wonder what happened. = )