Saturday, August 2, 2008

It's a great day!

I'm listening to the Stiff Little Fingers and I have just again realized how classic they are. "Wasted Life" is probably one of my favorite songs. Haha, it's the kinda song that I used to listen to walking into school when I was pissed off. One of those mornings when I wished someone would just pick a fight with me so that I could just hit something, anything. But today is a very happy day.

Last night I went out to dinner with two friends and a girl I'm aquatinted with. We went to this Japanese restaurant that I've been going to since I was a little kid. In fact, when my family would come in they knew us, and I think they may have recognized me last night (I have a mohawk now, but before I had shoulder length hair.) (BTW, I feel so good right now... hmm... I wonder why... ;-) The only problem with the restaurant is that it is soooo expensive. For me just getting miso soup and chicken sukiyaki with a ginger ale was at least $18. Our entire tab came out to $93, but I had a coupon so it ended up being $83. I just put in my $20 cause that's all I had, but my friend Helen was really nice and put in a $20 and the extra money and paid the tip (she only gave them like $5 cause they ignored us mostly, but I can't blame them really). Then my friends decided to go to the movies and see Dark Knight for the 3rd time (I had only seen it once before, so my 2nd time). It was waaaaay too long this time. I could barley contain myself, I was like shaking, I had to get out of there. Mid-way through my boyfriend's sister texts me asking if he is with me. I tell her that he's not. She then proceeds to curse me out and tell me that I'm ruining her brother's life and all this other bullshit. I figure that the best thing to do is to be polite and not say anything back to that. His family hates me, mostly because he doesn't tell them where he's going when he hangs out with me (that's really not my fault). To me it just seems so juvenile, this girl cursing me out who doesn't know me through text messages. I think the reason she doesn't want him to hang with me is because his family is being really nasty to him due to him hanging with me. I think it's just causing internal family drama. I don't really know what to do, so I guess I'll just see what happens. Anyway, I got home, watched Craig Ferguson, who I love. The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson is one of my favorite TV shows, I just think he's so funny. I love his monologues. Also, my pension for getting high at night means that I'm up from 12:37 to 1:37 (yes, it starts at exactly 12:37, weird isn't it?). It was a good night over all, but all of that drama was just too much for me to deal with.

The funny thing about his sister is that she runs in a crowd which I would describe as the "rehab group." The rehab group are people who have all been in rehab (usually out-patient) starting in high school because their parents or the school has caught them doing drugs. They enjoy discussing their drug use because they think it makes them cool. On a whole, I hate basically everyone in that group. They annoy the shit out of me, they are usually over-dramatic and believe that they are such badasses for being in rehab. I have a friend of mine who is in this group, besides annoying me to no end with her discussion of her own drug use (she was talking about using codeine and not eating for 3 days, and I started to laugh at her... everyone looked at me, because they were taking this very seriously, I mean, come on). She also attempts to convince us into giving her our urine (which no one ever does whose friends with me, we all think she should get into in-patient mostly because she is just rotting away her brain cells on multiple levels, though I think she stopped using opiates, also no one wants to pee into a cup on their lunch break). 

The girl who came to dinner with me is friends with a lot of these people, her name is Victoria. My best friend Lauren called her a "wannabe druggy." I believe that has to be the saddest thing I have ever heard. If your goal is to be someone who relies on drugs to feel good (or better, or whatever you want to say) that's pretty sad (and a pretty do-able goal). She's nice, has no brain, but she's nice. She also thinks I'm funny (haha, the only one I think). That wannabe side didn't come out at dinner, she just seemed like a normal, nice girl.

On August 29th I think I'm going to see the midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show at the movie theatre. My friend Richard and I are pretty psyched. I've never seen it before, but my friend told me that I better watch the movie before I go, so I think I'm going to watch it today. Today is going to be a good day, I can already feel it!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh jeez, Rocky Horror? That's not just a movie, it's a SHOW!! I've never been in your area, but damnear everywhere i'ts a whole performance when played at midnight shows. People dress up as the characters and there are scripted "call back lines" that they yell at the screen and each other. The movie is a parody of science-fiction, at least that's what my dad says and he was watching/attending RHPS since the early 70s, he also calls it an "interactive experience" when I just said how hard it is to describe Rocky to someone who doesn't know what it is...

you'll have a fucking awesome time- once you get past the fact that half the folks there will be dressed in black lingerie and full drag-style makeup, both males and females!

shelley

Coke Addiction Kinda Sucks said...

Wow, we used to go to Rocky Horror just about every weekend (yea, we're total losers!). "Oh, shit! What a bitch! Quick, Magenta, hit the switch!" :P Hey, thanks for the comment. I'm diggin your blog too. Peace