Sunday, August 10, 2008

Baby's on Fire

We walked down the steps to grab Lauren's dad a bottle of water. Her mother followed us partially down the steps. "WHY ARE YOUR EYES SO RED? HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING POT?" I tried to stop myself from giggling. Lauren starts to laugh, "No, I had my contacts in, but they were bothering me." "I didn't see you wearing them today!" Ahh, to be a teenager. 

It was another night spent at Lauren's house. "We can't eat, they always know when me and a friend go into the kitchen and just start to eat. It's too obvious." I've never really enjoyed pot (I started out with opiates, so pot was always like, "well, I have nothing better to do, so okay if you're buying it."), but Lauren is a pothead and so I find myself smoking with her every time we hang out. I don't really like thinking about how often she smokes, it's kind of depressing in a sense. I know that it's not a physical addiction (no shit, it's weed), but a mental addiction is just as bad. I've noticed that you can fuck yourself up and not really care, but watch your best friend become fucked up and it's just upsetting. She's a great musician, artist, and she's smart, but she's throwing it all away. I guess I'm being hypocritical, but I can't help it.

We watched part of Blades of Glory, which really says something about our mental state. It was free on one of those On Demand movie channels, so that's the only good part. Also, Will Arnett was in it, and he is one of the funniest people, I love him. I had a dream that I was married to him, haha. We agreed that the movie was "gay" and I mean, homosexual. It was a movie that had so much man on man sexual tension, and it was just too much. If the movie is going to be gay be gay, stop trying to make the people in it straight.

I'm actually in a good mood right now. I don't really know why, but I'm feeling joyous. High on life? Haha, I hope so. My friends and I are meeting up today to work on summer homework, so that will be...uhh... fun? I should be working on that paper for NYU, but I just can't focus on it. Hopefully it will be a lovely Sunday. = )

How is everyone else?


3 comments:

Gledwood said...

started out with opiates? o boy!!

pot: ukh ... would you believe (MANY years ago, I hasten to add) I actually thought that stuff "furnished my mind"...
(Hmmmmmmmmmmm...)

All it is for me in the end is a less manageable yet no less potent version of ketamine: yes! KETAMINE

Gledwood said...

ps I'm not really shocked by your going straight to the "proper" type of dope... just a bit envious really... I'd have been doing heroin years before I actually did if only it had been around me. My attitude was very laissez-faire...

.. actually maybe it's a good thing heroin was NOT there; else I'd no doubt probably be DEAD haha!!

Lucinda said...

Pot is my social drug. If I'm hanging out with anyone they usually have it, so we end up smoking. Pot is annoying because it makes you seem high to other people. Even if I taken a rather large hit, I can generally talk to people and have a normal conversation with no problem. On pot I look high and I'm probably giggling.

Furnishing your mind? I think it makes me one of those starving kids on those television infomercials. I could eat almost anything while high on weed. I only enjoy oreos when I've smoke pot, any other time I don't enjoy them. Haha, pot is entertaining as long as I'm not paying for it.

I don't know whether I'm glad or not that I started on opiates. I feel like it gave me a really convoluted view of drugs. I mean, one month I've snorted it for the first time, the next month I'm mainlining. The one thing it did ruin was my motivation, why do homework, when I can go shoot up? I probably should have waited a few years before touching the stuff, but at 16 I thought "Oh, I'm ready for this. Why not?" Haha, at 16 I thought I had the world figured out. = )