Sunday, August 17, 2008

Welcome to Paradise

I'm sitting on my cousin's house, nervously looking over my shoulder, checking that I can blog in the saftey of the 4 'o clock hour, this lovely Sunday morning. I haven't slept a wink, Ruby (his roommate's gf) and I were talking and looking at youtube videos for hours. I love staying at my cousin's house, there's never a dull moment. I think they're digging up the bomb shelter (I'm not kidding) in their backyard soon, which I definitely want to see. They're always getting into crazy adventures, which usually entertain me for multiple hours.

Last night my friends and I got stoned out of our minds. Sitting in the frontseat of Nina's car as we slowly passed her grandfather's pipe between the three of us. "You're such a pothead" I'm not a pothead, you both are! I only smoke with you two "No, if we're both potheads, then you are too." That was the big debate of the night, I still say that I'm not, my friends are the people who take one hit and then it's all "I'm blazed, man." It's kind of offensive honestly, of all the names someone could call me, pothead is definitely not one of them. That's so pejorative and just plain gross. I'm finding pot more and more pathetic every time I smoke it. Right before hand I think whatever, this is no big deal. Afterwards all I can think is you look like such a dumbass. Ironically, no other drugs effect me in this manner, so clearly it's just the weeds fault. I'll pop some hydros, I feel no guilt. Smoke half a bowl, I just feel dumb. We went over to Nina's house (on the way she kept calling me Helen Keller, "Helllllllllllenn Kellllllllleer, why are you in my car? Oh, Helen?") and then we met some other people there and played Scategories for a few hours. It was interesting, it's never dull when my friends are around. That's the thing, we end up going on these weird adventures, where half of my mind is going "we're going to die!!!" and the other half is going "Yeah man! Let's go!!!" I figure logic says, "your stoned friend should not be allowed to drive the car and call you Helen Keller." But, awesome says, "It probably can't kill you and it's going to be awesome, so why not?" I love my friends, wherever we are there is always something interesting happening. The only time we are bored is while watching TV.

Lauren and I are going to see the Blackout Shoppers tomorrow, they're playing a show on the Lower East side. I'm psyched, they are so good. They are definitely one of my favorite unheard of NYC punk bands. I'm really getting into the scene in NYC, it's funny because slowly you begin  to see the all the same bands at each show. People become familiar sights and it's just all around more fun. I love going to shows and because of that NYC is paradise.

2 comments:

Melody Lee said...

I loved doing stupid shit with my friends while fucked up. In jr high we stole a parents car and drove to Hollywood on acid, talk about expecting to die. After awhile I just accepted that I would probably end up in a flaming wreck before the end of the night, after I came to terms with that it was a blast.
There is NOTHING like peaking on the L.A. freeway at night, nothing.
I really don't smoke weed too much anymore, I would rather do something else if ya know what I mean. BUT being an equal opportunity drug user, I won't say no to much of anything. Richie mentioned some crystal but.......

Lucinda said...

Haha, honestly, I've become so complacent with the fear of dying by car wreck, that I'm not too bothered by it anymore. I did freak out a little on friday, Nina was looking behind her.

Yeah, I'm all with ya on that, there are things that I would rather do far more than weed, but my friends always have it and so it's always free. Sometimes we discuss what drugs we would not do, so far my list is: crack, meth, inhalants (that's just dumb), and ecstasy (I just have no desire). Haha, generally, if someone has it and they're offering, I'm all in.