Thursday, August 28, 2008

No Sleep Till Brooklyn

I couldn't sleep the last two nights of the trip. I would fall into a half-dream world, unable to tell whether I was asleep or awake. By tuesday I was exhausted, but I had promised Lauren I would come with her to this show. My friend Tanzen was going to let us stay the night at her house after the show. The show was incredible, slightly cracked out, but good. It was actually a really nice club, nothing like what I usually go to. The shows I go to are in small hole in the wall places, generally dirty, with stages that are either on the floor or only up a step. This place was nice. There were hipsters everywhere which made me feel really out of place. I was wearing my new "Necros" shirt, which I had only made a week ago, my favorite pair of torn up Vans, and a dirty mohawk. The show ended at 1, so we trudged out of the hall in Williamsburg. Everything ached and I really just wanted to sleep. We hopped onto the L, so that we could transfer to the Q. After half an hour I decided we would get on the N and transfer back to the Q later. We got off at Canal and switched after about 15 minutes. Finally, we got across the water and into Brooklyn. At Dekalb the train stopped and I freaked. I just was so worried about not being able to get to Tanzen's house and it was already after 2 by that time. We asked the conductor who said that there was construction being done and we had to go to the part of the station where the Q was actually running. By the time we got to Church Ave it was 3 a.m.. Tanzen was there with her dog Bambi and after hugging, we all walked to Tanzen's house. The next morning we woke up around 11:20, Tanzen made us breakfast and iced coffee. Honestly, she is one of the nicest people I know and I'm glad that I went to the show. The only thing that sucks is that I didn't have time to talk to her about some important shit. Lauren, although she is one of my best friends, has previously blocked me from going into her bathroom because she knew that I was going to get high. The thing is that she's a bit hypocritical, if she liked the drugs I did, she wouldn't give a shit, but because she's doesn't like them she gets on her high horse and is giving me shit. All discussion of "my drugs" is prohibited from conversation around Lauren, and Tanzen is not discreet at all, so that whole deal wouldn't work. While we were on the train going home Lauren freaked out, she thought she was going to crap herself on the train (which after the fact kinda makes me laugh). Last night, Lauren, Nina, and I were all hanging out in Nina's car driving around and smoking. This is a good part of the conversation:

L - "I don't mean to be gross, but like I got really sick. I didn't even know trains had a bathroom, but I'm glad that I found out. I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital or something."
N - "You thought you would have to go to the hospital because you crapped yourself? Hahahaha..."
L - "Yeah, I don't know, I was just really sick."
N - "Doctor, she has crapped herself, we better take her away."

I've been actually feeling pretty bad myself. Allergies and an upset stomach. I'm hopping it passes soon. I feel like I'm about to puke and my head hurts, but I have to go over to the school in a few minutes and find out about classes and parking passes and other shit.

A few good shows are coming up: Reagan Youth, World War IX (my favorite band, I've made them patches and they give me shit), and Blackout Shoppers. I'm so supped for Reagan Youth, I can't wait to get in the pit. I was in a bad mood last night, so to help break in my boots I just started kicking the posts in the basement. Anthony and I started to talk and he calmed me down. He's really logical, so as I'm freaking out he's talking to me and just making me think about it. That Reagan Youth show is going to make me feel so much better.

Nothing else is really going on, I've been working on my comic drawing more and more. I can't wait until the compilation comic comes out. I mean, I'm going to be published, even though it's pretty shitty, at least it's a start.

Well, I'm off and I just keep thinking the same thing: 
"Drugs of youth: Give me a thrill, Give me a headache."

3 comments:

Gledwood said...

thought she was going to crap herself on the train...?!? that's classic!

do you know most of London looks like Brooklyn

(what little |'ve seen of Brooklyn, | admit it, from TV...)

Gledwood said...

my drugs your drugs?

o man

I got permanently banned from a friend of a friend's house party by the friend (friend of the friend was absent, giving us weekend possession of this beautiful West London townhouse... anyway)...

I got caught snorting a line of something which I claimed was speed (actually it was heroin: years ago before the habit got me)

and I got what I considered to be this real hypocritical treatment, especially as this person had been puffing on joints like the proverbial chimney all night long the previous evening.

o no but that was "different"

yeah like fuck it was

Lucinda said...

Haha, she was about to get off the train like 3 stops from home, and my only thought was, "I hope she can get home from here. 'Cause there's no way in hell that I'm gonna get off."

The parts of London that I've seen don't look much like Brooklyn, though I guess the residential areas in London do somewhat. I was in Chicago a few days ago and I thought that a lot of that looked like Brooklyn. My new theory is that most residential areas in a city look like Brooklyn. = )

Yeah, exactly. The thing is that I'd gotten high in Lauren's house loads of time, I just did it more discreetly. At that moment she was stoned out of her gourd and I didn't really give a shit. I had my kit and I was walking out of her room and she got all pissed off at me and was like, "You're not going to do that here!" Haha, I walked into the bathroom and locked the door and just snorted a line (It was before I had started iving).

Coincidentally, I got in a fight with her last night about her being a hypocrite.