Monday, August 4, 2008

Back to reality

We were sitting in the living room. I was sitting on the sofa, completely calm, as they sat facing me. Nothing about this scared me, in fact, it was totally fine. My parents sat there and lovingly told me that I had to go to rehab. I was totally fine with it, in fact, I was relieved.

I woke up this morning in a cold sweat. I was a bit scared. I remember thinking, "what am I going to do?" Until reality kicked in and I realized that I was not actually going to rehab, that it had only been a weird kind of dream (or nightmare, I can't tell yet). I think it's because I've been thinking about the "rehab group." I have a feeling that this dream isn't going to go away any time soon.

I spent most of this weekend hiding in my room. I enjoyed a psychedelic vacation saturday night, which resulted in 36 hours of dilated pupils. Everyone I saw kept giving me weird looks (I can't tell if that was in my mind, or reality). It's kinda fun to do that once in a while, just to take a break from reality.

Actually, I should start off talking about Saturday morning, before any of that happened. I took the last hit that I had and was planning a nice calm day to relax and nod out on. As I was sitting on my bed, and doing some sudoku my mother walked in. We were talking and then I glanced at my phone. There were more texts from my boyfriend's family. After a few texts, they asked me to help and I did. However, this heightened situation was a bit too much for me. I just couldn't deal with it, I did, but I really was not in the right mental state to be doing this (my hands were shaking as I was typing, it wasn't fun). After they found him and I talked to his sister, they thanked me and I told them that there were no hard feelings. I really do hope that his family starts to like me, it would make dating a whole lot easier.

Later on my mother and I went to blockbuster, I rented American History X and Rocky Horror Picture Show. I've only seen American History X on tv, so it was interesting to watch it with no edits. I really like the movie, mostly I just love Edward Norton. The only thing I don't like are all the dumb bigots who think it's a pro-Nazi movie. The whole point is that if there is fighting that both sides will lose. I went over to my friend's house later and we watched the Rocky Horror Picture Show, which was so much fun. We danced the Time Warp multiple times. We're both really psyched about seeing it at the movie theatre.

It was definitely an interesting weekend, if nothing else. Today Ned and I got lunch and went to class. I feel really bad for him because his uncle/godfather is in the hospital because he has been deemed "a danger to himself." Ned is really close with him, so he is obviously not in such a great mood. I'm just trying to be nice to him, he likes to act very masculine (a.k.a. unemotional), but I know that he absorbs everything.

This week will pass, I'm just going to try to take it one step at a time. = )

How is everyone? Did you have a lovely weekend?

5 comments:

Carrion Doll said...

my weekend was pretty great. i haven't see Rocky Horror in proably 8 yers. that really brings back memories of "the good ol days". i need to find some psychedelics, i havent done any quite a few years and i really miss it. i love your writing btw.

Lucinda said...

I'm glad! Yeah, I've never seen it in theaters, so I'm really psyched. Me and my friends are going to make a night of it, I think I might even dress up!

Thanks a lot, I'm glad someone likes it! = )

Melody Lee said...

I was in a local performance of Rocky Horror when I was younger and it was hilarious! Imagine the whole cast as a bunch of punk kids with charged hair dressed in leather and studs/lingerie, skateboarding across the stage at odd moments. We were so fucked up most of the nights are a blur but what I do remember is definitely worth recalling. I believe the newspapers called us "unforgettable" and "must be seen to be believed".
You absolutely must dress up, it's part of the whole experience. BTW you have now been linked, no escape in sight girlie!
P.S. You get acid where you're at? Damn I haven't gotten my hands on some good ol' LSD in way too long. Even when I was in Cali it seemed like ages since anyone was holding. Ah the good old days.

Lucinda said...

Haha, that's awesome! Yeah, I don't know what to wear. That's the biggest question now: WHAT DO I WEAR?? Just thinking about it is getting me all psyched.

No, just some DXM, I figure that if I had a bit extra time on my hands I might as well drink some cough syrup ((haha, who wouldn't?) jk). I had a friend who said they could get me some acid, but that was back in the fall. There are always a few mentions of it, but I think I would have to do some major searching to find it. So, I guess that's a yes, we do have it out here. = )

Melody Lee said...

Ugh, DXM makes me shake like a.... well for lack of a better term like a sick junky. I get all kinds of weird reactions to meds when I'm not on smack, if I have the H in my system then most anything goes but without it yuck. If you look up the fucked up side effects on any drug that is likely what will happen to me if I take it cold. I had a seroquel experience that is best forgotten it was so bad but when I was high seroquel was the shit! Just another one of life's cruel jokes I guess, I am destined to resort to Dope in all things, poor me :)