Tuesday, August 19, 2008

You're Insane

My head is slowly getting heavier. Thoughts of Anthony cross my mind and I smile. His hair always gets like it's been stuck in a box, all boxy, it's cute. We went to the movies today and saw Pineapple Express. We hung out for an hour afterwards just talking, we sat in a park and then we got in my car and drove over to the school parking lot. We waited for his friend to get out of pre-season practice, but his friend left instead of coming to hang out. I really love hanging out with him, it's just nice. "Welcome to Paradise" came on the radio, and we both laughed, we turned it up and sang along. Anthony and I are like peas in a pod, or something like that. Haha, he just makes me so happy.

The Blackout Shoppers last night was I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E. The lead singer poked me in the head. His nail digging into my scalp, I just smiled at him. Some bands don't acknowledge people who stand in the front row and sing all the words, but the Blackout Shoppers are not one of those bands. As I would be singing, the singer would get up close to me, he'd point at me and make gestures, and he would let me sing with him in the mic. It got me so pumped up, I was just in love with it. The were giving away pins, stickers, and CDs. I took 2 pins, 3 stickers, a CD (Live From Fucking New Jersey), and I bought a shirt for $5 (it was supposed to be $10, but I didn't have any more money). I watched the merch table for a few minutes because a girl had taken a 7" without paying (she thought it was free). I couldn't wipe the smile off my face, he would look at me and make weird expressions (that's just what he does) and I would give him weird looks back or I would just smile back. The show was so good, it was $10 and well worth it. I'm in love with the Blackout Shoppers. If you want a good NYC punk band which includes: great live performances, all ages shows, good instrumentals, and kickass lyrics, then this is the band for you!

I'm leaving tomorrow for a college visit, which I am not excited about at all. My mother and I are going to be driving for 13 HOURS, it's going to be nuts. My mother gets stressed out really easily, and once that happens, well, let's just say it's unpleasant. Hopefully she stays calm and the trip will go down without a hitch, but that's doubtful. She flipped out a few weeks ago about me spilling ketchup on my hands, she screamed at me to "stop sitting there, looking helpless." I was in a bit of shock, mostly because I just wasn't sure what to do because my hands were literally covered. That whole outburst did not help that situation, like all of her outbursts.

I'm not really excited about anything, the only thing I hope is that I can finish both of my summer reading books before we get home. Beyond that, I would just like to chill out for the next two weeks before school starts and not stress too much.

No comments: