Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bang-zoom

This month...
Paranoia. Sucks. It sucks. It drives me nuts. It rewires my brain. I focus on every minute detail. I want to wash the countertops of my mind clean. I look for dust. I sweep the floor of my mind and replay it over and over. Paranoia is like a disease. Paranoia. Paranoia.

This afternoon...
I found a diamond ring in a public bathroom today. I thought about taking it, I looked at it. I was all alone in the bathroom. I left it there hoping that the woman would run back and realize what she had left. I imagined it in my head. I felt bad for thinking about taking it, even though I didn't. I hope she has it.

This year...
It's dark in the world. We sit and we watch. 

This morning...
I stood on Ned's stoop for 20 minutes this morning waiting for him to answer the door. I watched as people walk by me, the eyed me. They wondered why I was waiting on a stoop looking anxious. I can't help it. I'm nervous. I don't like waiting, I never have, never will. It doesn't matter who it is, where it is, I know I look sketchy when I wait. I stood on his stoop and looked at my watch. I looked around. I looked back at my watch. I stared at the ground. We got pizza and I burned the roof of my mouth really badly. It's still sore.

This evening...
We were sitting on the swings. She said, "Yeah, I can tell you don't really like smoking... I know what you wanna do..." "What do I wanna do?" "You wanna... drop some acid..." "Sure..." We swing more. I think she's in a bit of denial because she knows. Or at one point she did. I remember once she actually asked me about It instead of just scolding me. It was a while ago, so maybe she forgot. Maybe she just pretends.

3 comments:

Gledwood said...

in this country if you want to give something back the best thing is to take it and hand it into police... also if nobody claims it within about 6 weeks you get to keep it yourself!!

Melody Lee said...

Hello again. Stopped in to check out your updates and ask if you mind if I link ya. Cheers girlie, take care of yourself.

Lucinda said...

Yeah, I just left it. It's not really a public bathroom, it was in this college. I just imagine some woman realizing what she had done and running back to claim it and not finding it there. The less I had to deal with it the less I would worry about it. = )