Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's a mental twist

It's been bad for the past week or so. Extra bad. The kind of things that you read about in books but you don't get to experience first hand. Unless you're a junky. It's funny but a lot of the time I smell things that remind me of shooting up. That's the weird part, you can't predict it. I can't tell you what's going to make me want to get high, but when it happens it hits home. I haven't taken a shot since January. Not that I didn't try. My works are all busted up and kinda gross, and the scar tissue on my arm with the good vein is really painful and makes it even harder. I think that the farther you get away from doing it, the more you romance it. You don't think about stabbing and stabbing and stabbing your arm, you just think about the high afterwards. The biggest problem with people who haven't tried opiates is that they romance it. They think of Trainspotting or something other movie and they think, "wow, those guys seem so cool. I could be like them..." But there's no reality in that, not that there is much reality in anything.

I have gear but I keep not using it, which is weird in itself. You'd assume that if my mind was focusing on getting high all day for a week I would just use it, but I can't seem to. It's this whole thing where if I use I won't have any more and I'm afraid of that. I keep saying that I won't use, but I say, "On thursday I will." Then thursday rolls around, "On saturday I will." I keep pushing it back, but I guess that's a good thing. Or something. I really want to, I'm just afraid of not having any gear.

Another weird thing is that I haven't really been thinking about shooting up until last week. You see, I usually just snort it, or swallow a pill, mostly because of my problems with my arm. But this week I just kept thinking about it. I just kept picturing the spoon and watching everything kinda swirl and the cotton and watching it become empty. I see needles and I want to puke. I want it. That's all I want. I want it so bad.

If you wanna hear a good song, which makes me chuckle: "Not If You Were the Last Junkie On Earth" by the Dandy Warhols. I just kept listening to it on the train today over and over.

3 comments:

Gledwood said...

Sorry I'm in a caff with 4 mins left so this has to be ultraquick

Romancing: I understand that!

Trainspotting: now that is overromancing. I only know the film (not gonna read a book in Scottish)...

those 1st hits more like some mega kind of ecstasy I've NEVER seen that from heroin ever!

and fair enough they include HIV

but no abscesses, dead friends... even prison is circumvented. pathetic!

Lucinda said...

The book is so good, haha. I read it in I think the 10th grade, so I was 15... but I'd read other junky books before that so I won't blame the book. Yeah, it definitely romances it. Haha, I have to say that I have never collapsed on the floor after a hit and laid there twitching, but I mean, maybe other people do (who really knows?). I have to say that I like Trainspotting just because I know the movie so well that I can close my eyes and just listen to it. The first time I was sick I watched it, it made me feel better. Haha, some people watch the Breakfast Club for comfort, I watch Trainspotting. In the book they talk about that stuff, but the movie cuts a lot of it out.

Romancing is such a problem. When I fixate on It, I fixate on like perfect scenarios. They always work out perfectly, and the needle slips in, and there is no pain, and I feel good, and it's all okay. Sometimes I try to tell myself that it's just my mind making me want it, that it's fake, but I don't believe myself.

Thanks for commenting on both blogs. This website is so confusing, I just don't know what to do with myself. = )

Carrion Doll said...

having gear and not using...it's like hen ppl quit smoking but always keep a pack around. as long as they have that pack they never pick one up. it's a lil weird mind fuck sort of thing. but i see it as a good thing, as long as you are not using.maybe thats what works for you.