Monday, July 28, 2008

Today was the future yesterday

TODAY:
I met Ned at the subway and we walked over to a diner on Bleeker. He was nice enough to buy me lunch: pancakes, sausage, and coffee. I asked about going over to Tompkins Square Park, he looked at me, a bit puzzled: "Why would you wanna go there? It's full on sketchy." I smiled and said: "Well, I've never been there and I want to see it." He accepted that and said that maybe we could go there tomorrow. It's a walk a bit farther than we want to travel.

We walked over to class and slowly I felt my back becoming drenched in sweat. It's the same as every other day. The farther we walk the more soaked my back becomes. We bump fists and go to separate classes. I sit in class and stare at the board, my professor has a particularly funny example of a baby genius: illustrated by a baby with an grey wig and a moustache. It's an entertaining classes. I ask him if he will give me a recommendation for college, he says that I will have to wait and see until after class is over, but he says that the paper I gave him was good. I smile. I walk out and I pull my fist down in moment of triumph.

I hit the street and Ned and I slouch back towards the subway. We fist bump again and I wander back home. It was a good day.

My mother just walked in and warned me about drinking coffee everyday: "... because if you don't drink it one day, you'll get bad headaches. I mean really bad headaches." Good advice.

YESTERDAY:
I baked her that cake for her birthday, it actually tasted pretty good... I know it's not the most impressive cake decoration, but I tried hard. I think she really liked it. I gave her a Kitchenaide stand mixer, so I used it to bake the cake. It's a white supreme cake with dark chocolate fudge frosting. We only had 6 candles in the house, so I put them all on.

SATURDAY:
Anthony and I did go see the Dark Knight, which was pretty good. I don't know if I am as enamored with it as everyone else is, but I did enjoy it. We were bored afterwards and so he came over and we watched the first half of Trainspotting. I was driving him back to his house afterwards and he turns to me and says, "Do you think heroin smells bad?" I just said, "I'm sure it doesn't, or, at least, not any worse than most things."


1 comment:

Gledwood said...

bet u didn't used to sweat like that b4 the drugs! i never did...