Friday, October 24, 2008

Latin Roots

Lauren was just over, I gave her some weed I had that I definitely was not going to smoke. I had to take out of my stash, because all I needed was her getting pissed at me. I really want to get high, but not today, or tomorrow... can't be. I'll be on St. Marks and at Tompkins on Sunday for the show.

I don't feel like doing anything. Fuck. Anthony was supposed to come over and I wanted to see him. I was also planning on going out for Dylan's b-day party, but they're going to a theatre which is too far away from me, so I'm not going to that. He sounded kinda sad that I wasn't going... hmm. Maybe I've been a little flirtatious. ;-) Not really, I just like Dylan, he's a sweet guy.

Anthony and I might still be hanging out... I'm in a bad mood. Poor Anthony, he's so sweet. I think he worries about me sometimes when I get upset, I have a bad habit of getting into really bad funks. I think that being high last night didn't help me today, though it wasn't so bad today.

Tomorrow I have to go visit a college... which sucks lots and lots of ass. I have to wake up at 5:30 so that we can get there on time, and then I'm probably going to drive us home. It'll be me and my mother, which is good. If my father was there I would have had a conniption. I spent my entire in-school-therapy session basically going through the entire history of my relationship with my father and the reason why I hate him. It got me really worked up, but I didn't cry. I think that kinda made me feel like shit, I hate crying, but holding it in can make it worse.

Today in Latin class, my Latin teacher has been absent for the entire week, so we posted all of this really really dirty poetry on the walls by Catullus. My personal favorite quote is "my prick is poking out of my tunic and my toga." Who wouldn't love that? We taped it to the sign that said "Latin is Beautiful," haha! I just found the poem, so
Here is Catullus 32:

I beg you, my sweet, my Ipsitilla,
my darling, my sophisticated beauty,
summon me to a midday assignation;
and, if you're willing, do me one big favor:
don't let another client shoot the door bolt,
and don't decide to suddenly go cruising,
but stay at home & get yourself all ready
for nine - yes, nine - successive copulations!
Honestly, if you want it, give the order:
I've eaten, and I'm sated, supinated!
My prick is poking through my cloak and tunic.

Good shit, right? Here is a website where you can find more: CATULLUS! Personally, I would suggest reading 39, that's good. But it's all pretty entertaining. I think 15 and 16 are also pretty dirty. One of his poems ends with someone sticking radishes up someone else's ass. Haha.

Well, I'll catch ya later! = )

4 comments:

Melody Lee said...

Nine successive copulations? Right on! This Catullus cat sounds like my kinda party, HAHA, I'm not really as slutty as that makes me seem but with the right guy......lets just say nine might not be NEARLY enough.
That vid of you is great! Is this what you were talking about when you said you felt self-concious? If so you have nothing to worry about. If you DID do anything goofy, believe me it went un-noticed, the spectacle of the big hair twins skanking around the floor was a HUGE (afro-like) distraction! Sweet Jesus that was a lot of hair!

Lucinda said...

Catullus is amazing, everything he says is so eloquent and dirty... which is pretty impressive. = )
If I lived in ancient Rome, I would def hang out with Catullus. I'm pretty sure he had to have been the life of the party.

Yeah, I figure I was definitely over-analyzing. Haha, the fro-twins are so ridiculous, they also smell very very bad... just in case you were wondering... = )

Anonymous said...

I always HATED latin.. I never read that type of stuff or I would have probably liked it more!! haha!! I know why I hated it, my 2nd year of it I had this fucked up teacher who didn't teach us shit and let everyone cheat. Everyone thought it was great right, no homework or studing, that was until the next year when you are supposed to already know all that shit from year 2.. needless to say everyone that was in my class failed the 3rd year and summer school was full that summer!! haha!!
yea, don't worry about that night, I agree with Mel, the Fro Twins definitly stole the show! haha!!
Boston Joe

Lucinda said...

My teacher is awesome! We always talk about music, philosophy, books, etc.. It's so much fun. I'm glad I have a good teacher, I'm really thinking about majoring in it at college. = )