Sunday, October 19, 2008

Gang Bang Island



Too many people were at my house, last night. It ended up being like a small party, I had 4 girls over and then Ned came over. And we were all chilling until Ned, Alexis, Tanzen, and I went to the show and saw WWIX and the Blackout Shoppers! *girly, high-pitched squeal* If you don't know already I have a thing for older men (well, yeah, basically the biggest crushes I have are all on guys who are approximately 20 years older than me). Before we went to the show we tried to figure out what the opposite of a cougar is, haha. Well, I have the biggest crush on Justin, who is 22 years older than me and the guitarist for WWIX. The coolest thing about him and the drummer John, as well, is that they always introduce me to everyone. I go places and I talk to them and then they'll be talking to another band and suddenly I'm being introduced "Hey, this is Lucy, she's really cool." I get this big teenage grin on my face, I love it. I'm slowly becoming a 17 year old staple of the scene, I can tell because slowly bands are recognizing me when I'm getting introduced. That's all I want, I want to be like Justin and know everyone. I was looking at their set list, and I said, "You guys aren't playing Gang Bang Island?!?!?" And Justin was like, "Oh shit guys, we've gotta play Gang Bang Island for Lucy!" So, right after Mike introduced the song, Justin grabbed the mike and said "This one's for Lucy!" I could have died. This was Alexis' first real show and I think she was a little afraid (I mean, drunken men slam dancing in a very small space can be scary, I guess). I tried to stand in front of them when we were standing at the back of the room, I guess I just wanted to protect them from a flying elbow or foot. Man, it was so much fun, I just love WWIX so much. Justin gave me a t-shirt and a record for free, and he came outside and talked to my mother. I can't explain it, it's just like when you know you've found the band for you, you stick with them and if they're cool they stick with you...

Well, I'm so overwhelmed by it and I'm thinking about just spending the day doing nothing. And that sounds lovely. = )

5 comments:

Melody Lee said...

Sounds like fun! Man I miss good shows, the ones here suck! You're a scene queen in training, that is so cute!

Anonymous said...

cute story! I haven't been to a show in ......almost 4 years. The scene isn't the same, and I dont know, I'm into different music now i guess. Sacramento is great for hardcore though.

Lucinda said...

I can't live without shows, it's the one thing that keeps me looking ahead. The coolest thing is that... they thanked me on their album like liner notes!!! OH MY GOD! It was the greatest moment in the history of the world (haha, or of those lesser awesome moments in life).

What kinda music are you into? Hardcore is the shit, in my opinion. = )

Gledwood said...

the opposite of a cougar would be... hangonaminute... a kitten? o i dunno

btw it took me over a month to find out what "cougar" meant as the dictionaries only gave literal "mountain wildcat" definitions and we don't use that xpression over here... ;->...

Lucinda said...

Haha, I feel like people are called "sex kittens" so I don't think that would work. My friend guessed an "adultophile"... Lolita-with-a-twist... It really is a thinker. = )