Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Depression

I'm not really depressed, but, sticking with the theme of song titles, it's the closest I could get... or at least, the first one I could think of. I've been feeling completely shitty, and just sad, so I haven't been feeling like writing. I'll give you the and short of what's going on:

- On saturday I went to look at a college, and I really liked it. That night I submitted my college applications to all of the schools. It was terrifying, but exciting. College is going to be awesome!

- On sunday I went to Tompkins and saw a free show. It was awesome! I saw Blackout Shoppers and Trauma Team 666. I hung out with Jay from Endangered Feces and Justin. At the show I'm going to on saturday I'm going to read my poem that I wrote to Charles Bukakke. Jay asked me if he could call me "Lucy Bukkake" or "Lucy Ass" or just "Lucy B." I didn't even know what to say, but it would be pretty entertaining. I always consider nicknames to be awesome, especially the ones that people end up getting in the scene. They're always ridiculous and funny, my personal favorites: "Seth Amphetamines," "Blackout Matt," "Rev Mike" (cause he sometimes wears a preacher's shirt on stage), etc..

- On Halloween, I should be going into the city. Hopefully, it will be awesome. = )

Feeling blue makes me not want to write.

5 comments:

Melody Lee said...

That's awesome that you think you may have found the right school. I hate to sound cliche but I think that college will give you a chance to 'find' yourself, whatever that means.Wow, you're reading a poem? That takes some balls! I need lots of speed ala Kerouac in order to 'create'. HAHA, I have selective stage fright, I can make a complete fool of myself but only if it's something I believe in, if that makes any sense.As far as names go I would be a lil wary of being Lucy Bukkaki, if only because it might bring to mind the image of 10+ asian gentlemen ejaculating on your face. If this was what you were going for, then by all means, more power to ya. I know that the spelling is different but to the crowd at a sat night show it's all relative.My alter egos have included "Anita Fixx" "Ivanna BeWell" "Ivanna BeSedated"and "Sharon Needles"(which I ripped from the girl from buttrumpet). When I played in "The Terror Tramps" I was Anita Fixx, we all had smack related names, appropriate seeing as how we were all junkies. Anyway enough about my not-so glorious glory days. The name will find you but beware because once it does, you're stuck with it for better or worse, just ask my friend SnotRocket.

Anonymous said...

You should be excited that you are doing your college apps. Fun times are ahead!! I filled out 4 apps, one to Michigan, one to Harvard, one to MIT and one to UMASS/Lowell. Got into Harvard and UMASS and wating list for MIT (my proudest school moment, getting my diploma withstanding!!)but not Michigan(still haven't figured that one out??) and was going for engineering so I figured Harvard was out. Anywayss.. UML is a small engineering school and it was still a BLAST for me and I am sure it will be for you wherever you decide to go. I agree with Mel (as usual!!) that you will find yourself there. It is like you go somewhere where noone really knows you and you can be who and what you want without anyone pre-judging you. Anyway, that is what it was for me and like I said, don't be apprehensive, this is a GOOD and FUN time that is coming for you!! GOOD LUCK!!

Boston Joe

Lucinda said...

I can't wait for college, it's going to be awesome! I just know it.

I've never had problems with stage-fright, I mean, I get afraid, but I love doing it so much. It's such a rush to get up there and do it and hear the applause or get people to laugh. Fuck, I don't think anything is better.

Haha, yeah, that's why when he said "Lucy Bukkake" I was very very hesitant.

Lucinda said...

Wow, MIT and Harvard are way out of my league. I thought about Columbia, but I've decided Barnard would be easier to get into. My personal fav is University of Chicago and NYU. I will have to play to God to even get in there. Yeah, I know I shouldn't be so nervous, it's just I'm freaked out about messing it up. I can't wait to just get in somewhere and be done with it. Thanks for the luck, I need all I can get! = )

Dying4Something2Live4 said...

Hey Lucy girl! Wow, college, good luck! You seem like you're pretty stoked about it! Yea, I dropped outta H.S. my senior year. BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE! I wanted to go to Columbia for Journalism. But now I'm stuck cleaning up my mess. I'm currently in the process of getting my G.E.D and then I'm gonna go to community college for a couple of years. The best advice my daddy ever gave me, education will make or break your future. And how true it is! Ahh! I'm so jealous of you, how you always talk about going to NYC, I've always (for as long as I can remember) wanted to move to NYC, it's hella expensive there, so I've heard. But anyways, I'm rambling on and on. Good luck!
-Kelley