Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Elevation

It was a half day today, so we got out at 12... I filled up my car with gas at the sketchy gas station. I couldn't understand the Indian man with the really thick accent there. Situations like that intimidate me because I feel bad, having to say, "What??" After that ordeal, I landed at Lauren's house, and we waited and waited and WAITED for Nina to come over or for Zack to be ready. But, Lauren and I decided to fuck it and we walked out and started to smoke. However, her pipe is really shitty and hard to take big pulls off of, so we stopped and right as we did, Nina appeared with two joints. She wanted to hike up this big hill, but Lauren and I were both hesitant (it's the size of a mini-mountain, very stiff and slippery due to leaf litter, and we would be high). 

Anyway, we got outside and we went to this fort in the wood that the neighbors built. We got inside and smoked the two joints at the same time, which was hard and annoying. Haha, Lauren was impressed with Nina's "craftsmanship," because she used magazine for the filters. So, after smoking both of them we headed onward. After much climbing, and my own issues, as I tried to mount it on my hands and feet (I felt like such an animal, I was also positive I was gonna fall down and die, haha, but it was still fun). When we reached the top, which is near the road, we found some animal bones. As we dug them up it was really funny, because this man legit slowed down to a stop and just stared at us. We all decided that he might be about to call the cops, so we better get the last of the bones and head back down. (During this time we also had to keep stopping Nina from lighting the woods on fire, haha). 

We got home and ate cheese doodles (which are apparently MADE OF REAL CHEESE, which was an exciting discovery, haha) and we watched dumb videos on youtube which were supposed to "enhance" our high and make the walls move and shit. It did that somewhat, but it was hard for me to focus on it and I kept getting distracted. Also, there was one where the guy kept talking and I couldn't handle it, I was laughing hysterically and shit. IT WAS RIDICULOUS. After way too much of that, I decided that it was 3 and I better get home to do homework and practice bass and go to pit practice. 

Zack was still MIA until I was driving home when he texted me. I kind of fought with him last night, and was in a shitty mood. I felt bad taking it out on him, but I didn't on some level. He kind of deserved it. He didn't understand that the fact that he didn't give me my Valentine's present wasn't about WHAT it was, but that he got it thinking of me. Also, I mean, it's super late. Apparently he spent 30 dollars on it, or at least that's what Lauren remembers him saying.

Today at school, due to African American History month, we had some of the African American students speak and we had a reverend speak. This one guy did, whose super cool, and everyone loves him. I could definitely see him as the president of the United States, he's so charismatic and intelligent, we've always believed that he would become a politician. The Reverend sucked balls, he had no idea what to say, and you could see he was freaking out. This other girl sang and she was AMAZING. It was so impressive. My friends thought it was actually pretty good, which I was surprised about, seeing as how my friends can have a hard time taking stuff like that seriously.

I have pit practice later... ugh... I haven't practiced at all. I am so lazy in that respect. I haven't done any homework either and I'm still a bit high. It's hard for me to handle focusing on shit when I'm this tired. I think I'm gonna nap for 30 minutes and then practice... and then eat...
FOOD. haha. Oh man, I'm going to have no brain cells by the time I'm 20...

I reminded Nina to pay back the other Nina, because she shorted her about 7 bucks, and it was a sale. I feel bad when I tell people shit like that because occasionally they get offended when I'm like, "Yo, so and so was talking about you doing this, and you need to fix it before they get pissed." I can't help it, when I'm high I just want to play the middle man, but it can be bad.

Anyway, I'm going to go and take a nap or watch tv, and waste some more of my time. I'll take pictures of the bones once they are bleached.
Love,
- Lucy = )

I tried to find videos of "Elevation" by Television, but all of the ones on youtube aren't the real band or are of U2... how lame. Anyway, you should look up Television, one of my favorite bands and Tom Verlaine, the lead singer, is from my hometown. = )

6 comments:

Gledwood said...

You telling me you smoked spliffs rolled in magazine pages? Wow!! I heard about crusties smoking from newspapers but honestly I can't see myself being that desperate for it. Surely it would be like inhaling a bonfire every time..??

Lucinda said...

Naw, it was just the filters, so only the end where we were inhaling from had magazine. I mean, by the time it was touching the magazine I was high enough and not in the mood to get burned, so we just put them out. Haha, that'd be terrible. All of the chemicals in the ink would just be nasty as shit to inhale.

Dying4Something2Live4 said...

Ok, imma probly sound super dumb to you when i ask you this, but i gotta, what is pit practice..? been wondering about it for like an hour now...haha

K

Lucinda said...

Naw, man its cool. There are musicals each spring at my school, and they need a "pit orchestra" to play for it. So, our practices are just referred to as pit practice. A lot of people ask me what it is whenever I say it, haha... Now you're in the know!
= )

Melody Lee said...

Did you delete your latest post? I had an update on my feeds and I can't seem to find it. It was HIgh tension wire....
From what I was able to read it seemed like you were having somewhat of an issue with relationship type things. I hope all is well Lucy darling, I hate to think of you feeling unsure about things of that nature. Oh well I suppose that feeling unsure is a constant in the life of a teenager, I seem to have forgotten what it feels like...
Sorry for the long comment, the percocet makes me chatty.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that if something feels wrong you should not be doing it. This goes double for intimate situations. To my way of thinking if you feel insecure or embarrassed in the midst of an encounter you have no business pursuing it further. The whole point of such things is to have a good time and if the fun is overshadowed by thoughts of ineptitude then it becomes a chore and a hideous one at that.
If I am off the mark, then ignore this comment, percs also make me fuzzy and it is possible that the update I have is from a post months and months old.
I hope you had an amazing weekend Lucy, your friend, Melody Lee. XO

Lucinda said...

Yeah, I did. I'm going to make a less detailed one right now. You're right on the mark.
Haha, yeah, I don't know, I think I felt bad for Zack and he felt bad for me in the end, and it was kind of a mess. Everything is always confused for a teenager, its just a state I'm constantly in.
I know I love him, I've realized it over this weekend that if I fuck this relationship up, I'm only going to be fucking myself up.
Thanks, Mel = )
- Lucy