Sunday, December 19, 2010

Santa was a Skinhead

My stomach is full of chocolate, milk, and percocet. I feel like a science experiment got wrong. I got sick at dinner tonight. We were at a fancy steak house, with nosy waiters and polished silver. My head first began to hurt and immediately the nausea kicked in, I could barely form sentences because there was too much noise and too many sights and thinking was too hard between the pain and the overwhelming scene. My mom took me outside and as I sat on the bench, in my cream sweater and dress shoes, wondering what was happening to my body, I began to shiver, but feel better. All I need is cold air and a quiet spot and I'm better. I have no idea what's happening to my body and it's really starting to freak me out.

Right now I'm trying to calm my friend down who thinks her boyfriend might kill himself. I feel bad. I feel powerless in plucking the advice out of the air. Usually, I know exactly what to do or say, I know how to read people. I know how to calm down fights and fix relationships and deal with bosses. But this. This is where I fail. Because no one can know exactly how a, possibly, suicidal person is going to react. In my experience, none of my friends who were suicidal have killed themselves and all we usually ever did was tell them how much we cared about them and that we were there for them. Although we couldn't help them completely, as long as we could get them to calm down enough to talk to us and get down to a more level mental state I felt better about it for the time being.

I feel so bad. I also told M, this new guy I'm seeing, not to smoke opium again. I am a hypocrite. I guess, it's to be expected. I'm doing finals this week and then off for Christmas.

I had things to say, but they're lost in my gut of sugar and oxy. Fuck.

"Santa was a Skinhead" covered by Showcase Showdown

3 comments:

JustJim said...

I neglected to say on your first post, so I figured I'd do it here.

Hi.

Gledwood said...

my cousin did opium in laos, obviously they'll give the shit stuff to foreigners but i don't think she and her boyf now husband would be treated like shitheads they were on $1 a g coke in colombia, yes they're australian, that's why they travelled so much

this opium she said you needed 22 pipes to get shitfaced, she was v similar in temperament, insomnia etc to me so i'd assume her drug tolerance was similar ie slightly higher than average for opiates

fuckit what's the point o yeah you really have to smoke on and on surely? and doesn't he have to stick a metal or clay pipe in a fire and toke down a long tube very acrid smoke?

we tried chasing off tinfoil it wasn't like chasing afghan brown heroin which melts and runs easy peasy this was.... o really you might as well do heroin same buzz, far better not to mention cheaper bc they know you know what you're doing with heroin, with opium people are far more likely to take thepiss due to the exotic factor also you shouldn't be able to stretch it too much that means added water content i now know

i only had it once in india i had a tiny heroin habit that i couldn't drop b4 i went it stopped me clucking, the sickness i barely noticed due to hot weather and a very tiny habit that id drastically cut into b4 i went just couldn't stop 100% sorry to babbble

Murfomurf said...

You're doing OK- goodonya! The suicidal friend- drag them to help. Just had a friend suicide- but he was always slashing himself ineffectually, so no one thought that night would be the one he'd go. If only he admitted he was sick and let the therapist into his head. Who wouldn't be crook if they'd been beaten up by a drunk dad all their childhood and then the dad dies young of alco poisoning? Look after yourself- see stacks of people- the sort who don't do stuff.